The Plymouth Rock Baptist Church was founded and organized in 1909 on
West 15th Street in Reserve, LA. by Rev. Joseph Victor Washington. He was pastor from 1909 – 1931.
In 1931 Rev. George Washington became pastor. Under his leadership the
church was incorporated in October 1963 as the Greater New Plymouth Rock Baptist Church. In September 1964 a new church was built at our present location, 110 Northwest 13th Street, Reserve, LA.
In 1974 Rev. Washington became ill and was named Pastor Emeritus.
Rev. Ernest Taylor, Sr. became pastor and served from 1974 until his death in 1989.
On April 23, 1989, David B. Carter became Pastor. He continues to serve faithfully as Pastor, preacher, teacher, builder and administrator. Under his leadership our church has grown spiritually, numerically and financially.
The church’s mission and vision is to “Equip the Saints for the Ministry to
Reach the Unsaved and the Unchurched with the Gospel of Jesus Christ”.
Our Pastoral History
Rev. Joseph Victor Washington
Plymouth Rock Baptist Church was organized and founded in 1909 by Rev.
Joseph Victor Washington, father of Rev. George Washington. He served from 1909-1931.
Rev. George Washington, D.D.
In 1931, after the death of Pastor Joseph Victor Washington, Rev. George Washington became pastor. He was married to Beulah Randolph Washington. He was the father of one daughter, Rose Lee Bright and three sons; Joseph Washington, Wilson Hills, and Jerry Washington. Under his leadership, the church was incorporated as The Greater New Plymouth Rock Baptist Church in October 1963. The church was later rebuilt in September 1964. He became ill in 1974 and became Pastor Emeritus. On May 14, 1976 he was called from labor to reward.
Rev. Ernest Taylor, Sr.
Rev. Ernest Taylor, Sr. was ordained in 1952 and served as Assistant Pastor until he became pastor in 1974. He was married to Ruby Garrison Taylor and to this union six children were born three sons; Ernest Jr., Everette, and Errol Taylor and three daughters; Ernelle McGee, Annette Taylor and Arlene Green. He was later married to Albertha Williams Taylor. He was a devoted servant until his death March, 1989. Under his leadership God’s plan of tithes was introduced to the church.